Monday, March 4, 2013

Graham's First Month: A Photo Essay

First hour. 9 lbs. 21 inches. 57 minute labor.
First Grammy cuddles.  Thank goodness for her help.
Dad recalling his swaying/soothing skills.
Chocolate cake makes every "Welcome to Earth" party a little happier.
Day 2.  We figured out a "system."  Two adults+One Baby+Room Service= Easy Parenting.
Jen's midwife, Laura.  Yay!
Getting to know one another.  Not much of a mullet or ducktail.  We'll work on that.
Day 3, first road trip.  Going home!
Ian had the swaddle down pat.  And he knows how to nurture.
End of Week 1: Preparing for Winter Storm Nemo.

Catchin' some rays while studying for his Biliruben test.  Don't want to do poorly (again).
Graham likes to sleep in a sling.  Or being held.  Or snuggled at Mama's breast.
He sleeps lots. 
When it's time to eat, Dad is no longer satisfying.
Sometimes we look cross-eyed (dude on left) or tired (dude on right).
Sometimes all we want is eskimo kisses.
Working on beefing up.  Gonna have an outie, and probably Blake's build.
Someday soon, we'll look at this picture and say, "Look how lean Graham was!"
One month mark.  Mom goes to store [ALONE], Dad and three boys  play outside, then have Thai food for a picnic!
Month one was mostly snuggling, sleeping, and changing diapers. Let's see what month two holds!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We're trailing right behind you again--a bit farther this time--I've still got 3 months:-) Glad you enjoyed room service--I was always a little self-conscious like "I'd better order a fruit cup along with the ice cream I really want!" I love the snugly blue knit hat. And I love that Picture of Blake on the bottom--He and my Wyatt have matching cheeks:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this month in review! Thanks for posting in between feedings & the exhaustion of newbornworld! :)

    What a doll that little G is. I love the photos, the snuggles, and the sling-carrying-Dad. Jen you look great, being a Mom of boys suits you well :) I bet Ian & Blake are the best big brothers!

    Never thought of an outdoor picnic in the winter...hmmmm...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! I wish I were there to come snuggle that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations ♥ to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that is pretty incredible how he can hold his head up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So how about that system you had going for you?! Where do we sign up for THAT?! It must be pricey. Your baby is so cute and it makes me realize how big and old my baby is. :( Why can't we hold on to that newborn-ness a little be longer (at least until I feel somewhat rested/healed/normal again)?

    Joy

    ReplyDelete