Wednesday, February 24, 2010

For those of you who are INTERESTED....

Ian had his check-up with the pediatrician today:

Stats:

Height--39 inches (50th percentile)
Weight--34 pounds (50th percentile)

I like living on the 50th percentile line, I don't know about you. =)

Now.

Onto the birthday party.

There are a couple of things you should know--A: we didn't take many pictures...bummer. And B: Ian had three requests for his birthday:

1. A cat cake for his birthday party
2. A witch cake for his "actual birthday," (his words, not mine); and
3. A birthday dinner consisting of chicken noodle soup and pancakes

Here's the cat cake....hopefully you can forgive the imperfections once you realize that I made this cake during a 6am bout with insomnia. Just sayin'. The redeeming factor, however, was the fact that it was my mother's recipe which is basically the best cake in the universe.


Ian likes to lick candles.


Joe was very kind and let my younger siblings decorate the witch cake. (I was too tired/lazy to make a second cake for the day, but Joe was a champ. He's my hero). I think it turned out pretty well, don't you? Especially since Joe constructed this out of 2, 8" rounds without a pattern. We used this cake later in the afternoon when we celebrated with my parents, siblings, and grandparents.


Ian then got hold of the camera to take a picture of the best kite ever--which he received from my parents. This would be a photo of Joe and my grandfather trying to figure it all out. =)


And this would be the infamous birthday dinner. He was so excited. And it was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. =)

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You guys know how to PARTY! I love the cat cake (awesome, awesome JEN!) & the witch cake (super impressive, Joe!)--what a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those pictures! That kite is wonderful and i love that Ian got JUST WHAT HE WANTED in the way of cake and birthday food! LOVE IT! shiny frosting on that witch...cool! the cat is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was in the 50 percentile. I bet I am in the 50 percentile on at least something somewhere somehow.
    Ian...pretty much PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party! I love chicken soup AND pancakes....just never thought of having them together. I think my kids would love that suggestion for dinner one night! Thanks for the super idea, Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that pancakes and chicken noodle soup? Awesome! Those cakes are rad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Ian!!! LOVING the cakes. They are awesome. Also, isthat homemade chickensoup? It looks delicious. Could you post the recipe if it is...when you get time I realize you're nesting, so that could be awhile. ;) You look fab. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete