Saturday, November 12, 2011

10 Odd Things Here.

Okay, let's play a game.  I'm going to show you a picture, and you'll have to write down 10 interesting things about the picture.  If you know me, you'll see some of the interesting things.

Some of the interesting things 



1.  I'm a bowtie wearer now, which didn't become a regular habit until about 5 years after this photo.  It was a borrowed clip-on bowtie, which I would never wear these days.

2.  This dance was the Deseret Towers Invitational... and were were a Heritage Halls crew.  This would be categorized as crashing the party, wouldn't it?

3.  My roommate (Justus) and I went out with "the Jen's", for which he had a crush and I had a crush.  As you can see, the crush has been realigned.

4.  Clarification:  I am told that this event was one coordinated by the female contingent, which is not all that unusual at BYU.  Though I probably had like a 5:1 ratio of asking vs. being asked for dates.

5.  I went on several dates with Jenn ("Eyes") through the year, and I think she still holds it against me that on one of those evenings, I was double booked with another date later in the evening (could've been a different night than this one, but still).

6.  There's some gal really excited to be peeking her way into the picture.

7.  For some reason, the only balloons in the scene are tied to our dates' wrists.  Easy to not get lost in a crowd, that's for sure.

8.  Seems like we're the only gents wearing hats.  With hats seem to have come with the shirts our dates are wearing.

9.  Those lights in the background look like they are in Thai or some middle eastern language.  Illusion?

10.  I bought a tux shirt a few years ago for events such as this, but A)  Jen seems to think the vertical silver strands sewn into it are tacky, and B) I haven't gotten Jen to go to a dance with me since we were married.


I think we ended up leaving before  too long, because DT just didn't know how to throw a party the way Heritage could.  Freshmen spend an aweful lot of time preparing for the social scene.

2 comments:

  1. i think I see other balloons in the background...those matching shirts are cool of them...and your tux tops, too. I am still so happy about your freshman year. I don't think anyone had more fun than you, except maybe the 150 girls you too out and made bread for. And I like that Jen was always around somewhere, being your true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about those shirts and hats. Yes, they were provided by Erin and me--we had them from Girls Camp. I'm wondering what the dress was for the evening. The girl on the very left of the picture is in kind of a formal dress, other people in the background look pretty casual, and then there is us in Formal Hawaiian. I had forgotten all about that evening--good times.

    ReplyDelete